Journalism (newspapers/magazines)/Is an AA in journalism worth it?

Esther wrote at 2012-12-08 00:52:26
I disagree with this. My school had a really good journalism program. I was actually an English major but switched over. Actually majoring in journalism teaches you how to write an article in journalism style (which is briefer than English). Also, you get to design newspaper layouts and interview people. My professor said some of her students got jobs with just AA degrees, "but it'll catch up to them in the future."

Journalism (newspapers/magazines)

Jay Magoo (a pseudonym)

I can answer questions about how newspapers determine what is news and what isn`t, about protocol in dealing with editors and other reporters, about the best way to use news sources and public records, and about how to survive in the ultra-competitive world that newspapers exist in today.

I worked for 28 years as a reporter and an editor. Most of my career was with two major metropolitan newspapers in the Northeastern United States. Now retired.

Sigma Delta Chi

University of Pennsylvania, Bachelor of Arts in English