Journalism (newspapers/magazines)/Electronic and Print Media.

Dear Robert‎

Do you feel with the advancement of electronic media technology, the print media business has been affected ?.

Television , News Channel Sites, E-Books are preferred over print media viz newspapers, magazines, books by consumers ?.

If a survey or poll is carried what could be your opinion regarding the same ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Yes, most definitely. The Internet is forcing print media to find ways to capture readers whose attention span is extremely short. Newspapers are putting their stories online and promoting that aspect to keep old readers and find new ones. It definitely has affected advertising revenues and has made newspapers much smaller. It forces papers for look for the in-depth type of articles that can hold a reader, since thanks to the Internet, breaking news is easily accessible.

Journalism (newspapers/magazines)

Robert D`Angelo

I am a copy editor who has more than 20 years experience in editing newspaper and magazine articles. Much of my career has been spent editing sports copy, but I also am capable of editing non-sports and technical copy.I am an avid sports trivia fan, and a collector of baseball cards. Another hobby I enjoy is genealogy. I believe I have some experience in all three of those areas.

I have been a sports reporter and/or copy editor since 1979. Worked as both in Stuart, Fla., from 1980 to 1988, serving as assistant sports editor from 1984 to 1988. Have been a sports copy editor at The Tampa Tribune since 1988. I also have edited magazines in the areas of golf, auto racing, soccer, and information technology.

Received a bachelor's degree in journalism from the University of Florida in 1979.

Was a 12-time winner from 1982 through 1988 in Florida Sports Writers Association writing and design contests. I served as president of the Florida Sports Writers Association in 1989-90, and served as first vice president (1988-89) and second vice president (1987-88).