Journalism (newspapers/magazines)/how long does it take a pro to write an article ?

Question
hello sir can i just ask you that once a newspaper reporter has collected together all reelevant information about a story how long does it take him to write an article   it would take me about 40 minutes for most of the time but your answer would be apperciated...thanks  dillon

Answer
That really depends on how long of an article it is going to be, and what the deadline constraints are. If it is a deadline story, it might have to be done in less than an hour, so speed is imperative. If it is a feature story or an investigative piece (and the deadlines are a little looser), a writer can take his or her time. Some writers take a long time to "write." Others can knock stories off in a hurry. And while I might write a story in 40 minutes, I would be certain to spend almost an equal amount of time double-checking my facts and trying to polish what I've already written.

Journalism (newspapers/magazines)

Robert D`Angelo