Judo/Questions Answered by Expert Tim J. Kader

SubjectDate Asked
Judo principles vs edged weapons?5/16/2014
  Q: Ellis. Thank you very much for your time. My question is kinda a bit more off to the martial art ...
  A: As a Judoka since 1985 and a police officer for many years, when the subject of facing a edge weapon ...
Judo12/4/2010
  Q: What is the difference between sport/olympic and kodokan judo? Seems Olympic/sport is about 80% ...
  A: Danny, There is no age limit for JUDO, unlike other martial arts that require you to be able to ...
competion points1/25/2010
  Q: I am very confused with how points work in compitions. I do not mean as in scoring points but as in ...
  A: Andrew, I am sorry, I don't get into competitions. I know that every federation's scoring is ...
bowing11/20/2007
  Q: At the state judo championship a month ago there were some contestants that did not bow to the mat ...
  A: Linda, There are SEVERAL martial arts federations & associations representing the various arts. You ...
Help me please9/3/2007
  Q: I have been taking Kenpo Karate in Colorado, I am not in any advanced ranks or anything, but when I ...
  A: Danny, First, the smart martial artists fights ONLY as a last resort. If there is an escape, take it ...
how can I find the right judo school9/19/2006
  Q: How're u doin' man? I'm 19 years old, and I wanna join a Judo school.I went to one for a trial class ...
  A: It sounds like you found a Dojo that has way too many students for the number of Senseis. You seem ...
Competition Tricks1/29/2005
  Q: For the purpose of background, I just earned my second degree brown belt following a long absence ...
  A: Matthew, I'm 53 and feeling old age approaching like a 450lb Sumo coming at me... I was never into ...
about martial arts6/24/2004
  Q: What is the main differences between the different martial art styles such as (karate , kung fu , ...
  A: Sara, Good question! JUDO is the one technique that doesn't involve punches & kicks. JUDO is throws, ...
beginner5/31/2004
  Q: Kader, I was wondering how long does it take before a beginner can compete in tournaments. I have ...
  A: Bill, Most tournaments are open to all levels of skill. That is one great way to advance thru the ...
Things that your life and art have taught you4/13/2004
  Q: Kader As you are an expert in the martial arts, I would be grateful to receive some of your wisdom ...
  A: Brian, Martial arts are a way of life, not just something you do on the side. Once I started really ...
how to use my height.10/21/2003
  Q: I'm a beginner in Judo. My sensei always told me to use my height advatage. he always teaches me hip ...
  A: Judoka, You stated you are a beginner. You sensei wants you to learn the various throws that are ...
Judo8/7/2003
  Q: I am a college student and yet i am to take a Judo class. now wha tis Judo? How did it fist ...
  A: Mimi, JUDO, means "gentle way". Judo is a martial art & also a way of life. From the sound of your ...
Jodo10/14/2002
  Q: What is the name for a winning point in Judo or Karate?
  A: Paul, In most Judo matches, one point (IPPON) is needed to win the match. This can start out with as ...
scoring6/30/2001
  Q: I am a wrestler looking for something to help me get better on my feet.I want to try judo but what ...
  A: Bryan, Judo meets are scored various ways. One point "ippon" is necessary to win a match. This can ...
judo5/16/2001
  Q: Are all judo dojo's full of inguries ? It seems like with the dojo that I went to chokes were held ...
  A: Freddie, The "JU" of JUDO means GENTLE. Sounds like you have an instructor like I once encountered, ...

All Questions in This Category

Judo

Tim J. Kader

Top Expert on this page