Judo/Questions Answered by Expert David J. Ellis

SubjectDate Asked
How would you realistically use judo physics against edged weapons? Or does it totally not work for that type of fight?5/16/2014
  Q: Ellis. Thank you very much for your time. My question is kinda a bit more off to the martial art ...
  A: Let me start this answer by stating any martial art taught well will say don't put yourself in a ...
Judo tournament mat rentals11/26/2008
  Q: David, I work with Zebra Mats in Jacksonville, I am trying to find a list of Florida Judo ...
  A: Mark, I attempt to keep a list of events current on the Florida Judo Inc website at ...
how did you start judo5/14/2008
  Q: how can you start judo and why
  A: The how to start Judo is a little easier to answer, so I will start with that one. First locate ...
Uchikomi11/28/2007
  Q: I do around 50 uchikomis at each practice. A big contest is coming up next month and I am wondering ...
  A: Linda, Uchi Komis help in getting the body to "learn" what to do without thinking about it. During ...
neezwa2/2/2007
  Q: what is the most important rule about neezwa
  A: Andrew, I going to assume that you are asking about ne-waza (ground techniques). In a Judo ...
help for 2 1/2 yr old boy1/5/2007
  Q: hope you can give advise. our grandson who is quite bright for his age. problem - no discipline or ...
  A: With a good instructor Judo can teach some discipline. Judo can't replace the parent's ...
Lakeland FL12/20/2006
  Q: I have just recently taken up judo (I am forty years old) and I am loving it. I live in the UK but ...
  A: Chris, There are 2 good Judo clubs in Lakeland, FL. Imperial Dragon Judo Club Sensei: Frank ...
Judo6/28/2006
  Q: i am very happy with my judo club yet find myself asking is there anywhere that teaches more of a ...
  A: Nick Sage, Yes there are some clubs out there that teach more balanced Judo, pre-WWII Judo. The ...
Fastest way to disarm opponent (from weapon)2/5/2006
  Q: How do you disarm an opponent that has a weapon? e.g., a gun, knife, etc.
  A: Joey, Truly the best way is do not put yourself in situations where you might encounter a weapon, ...
Improvement11/20/2005
  Q: How does judo inprove me, phyisically?
  A: I have been told by Medical Doctors and Chiropractors that Judo done correctly improve endurance ...
How to become Judo instructor11/16/2005
  Q: David. Would you tell me how to become an instructor? I played Judo while I was in school for 6 ...
  A: Yoshko, I can tell you how to become a Judo instructor if you live in the United States. This is ...
morote7/11/2005
  Q: Im a Shodan with 13 years experience. My Sensei is Hank Kraft and for years he has screamed at me to ...
  A: You have to remember that there are several different versions of techniques, and not all of them ...
Things that your life and art have taught you4/13/2004
  Q: Ellis As you are an expert in the martial arts, I would be grateful to receive some of your wisdom ...
  A: First, I will start with your PS Question. If you want to learn Judo the "bible" is Kodokan Judo by ...
Shoulder Dislocation6/9/2003
  Q: Sir, I am 24 yers old. I have dislocated my right shoulder twice (the last time was 4 years ago). ...
  A: I have a few students that have had a dislocated shoulders in the past that are back in my Judo ...
judo for law enforcement9/3/2001
  Q: I'm a police officer and interested in taking up a martial art (both for the physical conditioning ...
  A: Bryce, I have a few police officers, both undercover and non-undercover in my Judo Class. One of ...
competitions6/16/2001
  Q: i need help finding tournaments in florida, preferably within 6 hours drive of my house. any ...
  A: If you give me your email I can add you to the Florida Judo email distrubition list. I send out ...

All Questions in This Category

Judo

David J. Ellis

Top Expert on this page