Judo/Questions Answered by Expert Ed Carol

SubjectDate Asked
Attacking judo?5/16/2014
  Q: Carol Thank you for your time. I was doing some research and came to the statement that a major ...
  A: Judo is a sport.....sort of. Mostly it is a method of studying JiuJutsu without injury. Most Judo ...
History. Is judo sport or martial art.7/10/2013
  Q: I am recently being confused by an ongoing debate. Some people are claiming that Jigoro Kano ...
  A: I have read a number of books on Judo and it's development. I have also read a number of ...
Age for starting judo9/14/2011
  Q: Sir i am 18 if i start judo now can i compete with people who r practising from the age of 14
  A: In Judo there are no losers. Each class makes you better than you were before. By working out with ...
Judo and aikido7/4/2011
  Q: Are both judo and aikido based on the same concept, redirecting your opponents energy, or turning ...
  A: One of Jigaro Kano's first students came up with the art of Aikido and many high ranking Judo people ...
judo injuries9/18/2009
  Q: what are the common, specific injuries in judo?
  A: Actually the best place to answer this question is the Kodokan in Japan or any National organization ...
About Judo please7/11/2009
  Q: I wanna know if Judo have Ground Techniques like Brazilian JiuJitsu or just Throws? and thanks.
  A: Oh yes! There are three ways to win a Judo match. Throws done properly, pins, chokes, and ...
Best martial arts for older adults2/16/2009
  Q: I am 61,in fairly good health.I ran for 10 years,and am trying to get back into it for ...
  A: The oldest student I ever had was in his eighties. He played for over 10 years and was killed ...
Where can I learn judo?12/30/2008
  Q: I am a 20 year old male and I am looking to learn Judo.My main problem is that I don't know where I ...
  A: Hey David! You are starting on a great path in your life! If I had it to do over again I would ...
Help me please9/3/2007
  Q: I have been taking Kenpo Karate in Colorado, I am not in any advanced ranks or anything, but when I ...
  A: I didn't see a questions here. Assuming that you are asking me what is the best Martial Art for ...
where do i find a dojo8/6/2007
  Q: I am 14, and want to learn judo, but i cant find anywhere near me. I have been using google....if ...
  A: To start with Taylor, even though Georgia is no Texas, it is still a big state. I found 6 Judo ...
mats7/6/2007
  Q: I cant afford tatami mats right now is there any suitable substitute I can use to practice nage waza ...
  A: Be innovative! Creative! Use your Judo thinking! Mattresses have been used before and will again. ...
help for a 2 1/2 yr old boy1/5/2007
  Q: hope you can give advise. our grandson who is quite bright for his age. problem - no discipline or ...
  A: Yes. As can most Martial Arts. It all depends on the Instructor. Judo requires a little less from ...
soft arts10/9/2006
  Q: What is the difference between Jujutsu, judo, aikido, aiki jujutsu, daito ryu, and daito ryo daito ...
  A: You really know how to hurt a guy! I have read books on each and studied the first 4. Jujutsu is ...

All Questions in This Category

Judo

Ed Carol

Top Expert on this page