Juvenile & Children`s Books/Children's Book

Maggie wrote at 2009-01-22 21:22:35
I was looking for the same book, and I finally found it online... The title is the Read-It-Yourself Storybook, and it was published by Golden Press (ISBN: 0307168247). There are seven stories in it, including the two you mentioned, "The Monkey and the Bee" and "Tony and his Friends." You can find it at used book resellers online - just run a search.

This book is special to me because I learned to read from it. My favorite story was definitely "Tony and his Friends." I hope this helps you.

R wrote at 2012-12-11 16:14:25
Thank you! Thank you! Your answer did the trick! This is EXACTLY the book I have been looking for this past year so that I can teach my daughter to read at 3 years old, just like my mother taught me at 3 years of age! Just in time!

Juvenile & Children`s Books

Suzan Jackson

As a writer, a mother, and a children`s book reviewer for Family Fun magazine, I can answer questions or give advice on good books for kids of all ages. Although I have some familiarity with picture books, I specialize in chapter books for school-age kids, including adolescents. My husband and I and our two boys, ages 10 and 14, are all avid readers. We also love to read books aloud and listen to audio books. You can read some of my book reviews at www.bookbybook.blogspot.com. PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME QUESTIONS ABOUT OLDER BOOKS OR COLLECTIBLES. THESE ARE NOT MY AREAS OF EXPERTISE. TRY www.librarything.com/groups/namethatbook OR http://loganberrybooks.com/stump.html IF YOU'RE SEARCHING FOR THE TITLE OF AN OLDER BOOK YOU REMEMBER.

I write reviews of books and other media for Family Fun magazine.
Read some of my reviews at my blog, www.bookbybook.blogspot.com.
I have 2 boys, ages 10 and 14, who love to read a wide variety of books.

Family Fun magazine.
Mothering magazine.