Juvenile & Children`s Books/Spooky 1970's chapter book- girls in a painting

schoolgirl_shamus wrote at 2009-01-19 21:38:03
If you haven't identified this book yet, it is "The Wicked, Wicked Ladies in the Haunted House" pub. 1971 by Mary Chase (original title: The Wicked Pigeon Ladies in the Garden).  It was reprinted in 2006 and there are many copies for sale on Amazon.

Ann King wrote at 2009-09-25 09:05:46
That's a Meg Mystery.  

They were written by Holly Beth Walker.  That one is the Mystery of ******  Creek I think, I can't remember the exact title

Ann King wrote at 2009-09-25 09:10:44
OMG-  I am SO sorry, I mixed up that book with another one.

That book(girl in garden and magic bracelet) is The Wicked Pigeon Ladies in the Garden.  I can't remember the author.  It was reprinted sometime in the 80's with the title The Wicked Wicked Ladies in The Haunted House.

mec wrote at 2013-03-16 00:42:40
I've been looking for this book since my fifth grade teacher read it to us in 1972!  I finally found it: The Wicked Wicked Ladies In The Haunted House by Mary Chase.  

Juvenile & Children`s Books

Suzan Jackson

As a writer, a mother, and a children`s book reviewer for Family Fun magazine, I can answer questions or give advice on good books for kids of all ages. Although I have some familiarity with picture books, I specialize in chapter books for school-age kids, including adolescents. My husband and I and our two boys, ages 10 and 14, are all avid readers. We also love to read books aloud and listen to audio books. You can read some of my book reviews at PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME QUESTIONS ABOUT OLDER BOOKS OR COLLECTIBLES. THESE ARE NOT MY AREAS OF EXPERTISE. TRY OR IF YOU'RE SEARCHING FOR THE TITLE OF AN OLDER BOOK YOU REMEMBER.

I write reviews of books and other media for Family Fun magazine.
Read some of my reviews at my blog,
I have 2 boys, ages 10 and 14, who love to read a wide variety of books.

Family Fun magazine.
Mothering magazine.