Juvenile & Children`s Books/trying to locate name of original book

Clark Rhyne wrote at 2011-07-04 02:16:16
Reba McEntire's grandmother, Alice McEntire, taught first grade at Limestone Gap School, Atoka County, Oklahoma in 1948 when I started to school in the first grade.  She read stories about Epandaminus including the one about the little boy placing butter under his hat.  Your comments are the only other reference to Epandaminus that I have ever seen.  I think I remember a story about Epandaminus sticking his finger in a crawdad hole, but I not sure.  

Pip wrote at 2012-11-28 21:07:25

I have this book and yes, it's delightful but certainly, definitely not politically correct. The author was Sara Cone Bryant.

Copyrights 1907, 1935 & 1938. Last publisher was Riverside Press in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

Juvenile & Children`s Books

Suzan Jackson

As a writer, a mother, and a children`s book reviewer for Family Fun magazine, I can answer questions or give advice on good books for kids of all ages. Although I have some familiarity with picture books, I specialize in chapter books for school-age kids, including adolescents. My husband and I and our two boys, ages 10 and 14, are all avid readers. We also love to read books aloud and listen to audio books. You can read some of my book reviews at PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME QUESTIONS ABOUT OLDER BOOKS OR COLLECTIBLES. THESE ARE NOT MY AREAS OF EXPERTISE. TRY OR IF YOU'RE SEARCHING FOR THE TITLE OF AN OLDER BOOK YOU REMEMBER.

I write reviews of books and other media for Family Fun magazine.
Read some of my reviews at my blog,
I have 2 boys, ages 10 and 14, who love to read a wide variety of books.

Family Fun magazine.
Mothering magazine.