Juvenile & Children`s Books/1950's-1060 children's book fiction

I am looking for a children's book that I had when I was a child.   I believe it is called Solomon Shag,
it is about a stray dog.
Part of it I remember  is:
Solomon Shag was a big yellow hound who could stand as high as you when he jumped off the ground
one day he wondered far up and far down till he wearily came to a bustling town
he could fetch a stick or beg for a bone but all he wanted was a home of his own.

I loved this book as a young child and learnt to read by memorizing it and would love to get it for my grand daughter.
I hope you can help me.

Hi Mary,

I believe this is the book you have in mind, Solomon Shag by Daphne Hogstrom:

Here are a few online stores where the book is sold:

I hope that information can be of use to you. If you would like the names of other online locations where the book can be purchased, or have any follow-up questions at all, I'll be happy to do my best to answer. Thanks for the question, and Good Luck!

Juvenile & Children`s Books

Josiah Jones

I can answer a wide variety of questions about children's literature from almost any time period. My mind is particularly sharp with small details of the literature in question, and I have an extensive personal library of children's literature to reference should the need arise. I am ready and willing to tackle any question that is brought to me. My strongest facet of expertise is probably recommending books for kids and teens.

I am a reviewer of books for young readers on the WWW.Goodreads.Com website. I have most likely read more than 1,000 children's books, and I also write stories of my own for young readers.

High School Diploma, Christian Liberty Academy