Kabbalah/Ashlag

Yedidah Cohen wrote at 2009-09-16 12:26:20
I think it a shame that you equate the sork of Rabbi Baruch Shalom Halevi Ashlag ztz'l with that of the Bnei Baruch organization. Rabbi Baruch Shalom Ashlag was a great master in his own right and continued his father's great work He is survived by many bona fide students. Who do not however dominate the internet, so they are not well known. The most accessible is Rabbi Avraham Mordecai Gottlieb , head of the Beit haMidrash Ohr Baruch Shalom I think his website is www.obshalom.org . However there is Rabbi Meir Katz, Rosh Yeshiva of the Yeshivat Hesder Peduel.  and others. Look out for Maarag le Neshamah the Hakdamah le Sefer haZohar by rabbi Yehudah Lev Ashlag compiled by Yedidah Cohen. It also contains original articles by Rabbi Baruch Shalom Ashlag ,they are authentic. It is possible to buy Rabbi Baruch Ashlag's writings from Ohr Baruch Shalom.

damla wrote at 2010-11-12 09:26:18
I have come to deslike and detest the word israle and jew after meeting Bnei Baruch Cult.I was always amazed about what could be the people's problem with this israel and jews. After spending pretty much of time with Bnei Baruch provided environment I have not only learned hatred(and nothing more) but how a person does not have a single friend on this earth. I could never imagine that there could be so much hatred in this world. Creating an environment such as Bnei Baruch's is no less a crime than putting people into torture chambers and talking to them about their "freedoms" just to mock with them as they go through enourmous mental and bodily sufferings.

they talk about teaching the meaning of our lived..What they only teach is hatred. since talking about world peace and love is left to those groups this is the only proof that there is no god and goodness in this universe.  

RabbiS wrote at 2010-12-07 10:45:22
Hey Damla

So sad to hear you had such a negative experience. Please remember Bnei Baruch is not mainstream Judaism.

romemu wrote at 2013-07-01 14:57:24
Bnei Baruch is a cult and has a lot of success because it is well organized. The two prevalent cults- Bnei Baruch and the Kabbalah Center have not only brought disgrace upon the sacred teaching of Kabbalah but have ruined the name of Rav Ashlag to the point that the Rav is now synonymous with these groups. There may be small groups that promote Baal Sulam's teachings in an accurate form but they are minor and inconsequential. Anything these groups say will be eclipsed by the cults. Ashlag Kabbalah unfortunately has no more of a place on the international scene and is not relevant any longer. There are other great Mekubalim (Kabbalists) and their voices should become louder than those of the Ashlag cults. I would recommend other sources for Kabbalah such as Mei HaShiloach.  

tillerofthesoil wrote at 2016-08-22 18:15:46
I learned in Petah Tiqwah with Michael Laitman and Bnei Baruch for a short time and I can attest that it certainly is not a cult. Laitmanís students respect, maybe even revere him, but there is no cult of personality there; Laitman does not bask in his studentís adoration whatsoever.

With all due respect, it is ironic that a Chabad rabbi should answer a questioner about this since the late Rebbe, may his memory be a blessing, was criticized on this issue specifically.

Bnei Baruch practices maíaser (tithing) and begins their daily study at 3am as traditional mekubalim always have throughout the centuries. These practices have attracted negative attention towards Bnei Baruch, however, they are traditional. There maybe room for legitimate criticism of Bnei Baruch but it must be remembered that many of the most vocal critics demonstrate that they willfully misunderstand. There is more to be said, for another time perhaps.

Kabbalah

Rabbi Ari Shishler