Kabbalah/Question for Bob

Dear expert

I have easy question

I am in the process of changing my name; according to numerology my life path number, which is derived from my birth date is 7, and my natural matches are 1, 5, 7. My current destiny number, which is derived from the sum of (first + middle + Last names) is 9, but 9 is not one of my natural match numbers.  

I donít know if the natural match numbers mean that the new name should add up to 1, 5, or 7 ?

Should the total sum of (first + middle + last names) result in 1, 5, or 7 ?

Is it possible to be life path 7 with destiny number name 3 or 8 ?

Thank you for your help

Hi Eli,

Thank you for this interesting question. I would like to help you with Kabbalistic numerology (gematria), however; your birth date using the Gregorian Calendar is a non-starter.

Please send me your full name (spelled-out with Hebrew letters; your name in English is not necessary).

Also, is your "life path" number originating from Etz Chaiim? If so, please explain how you arrived at this number.   

The method which you are describing relates to general numerology, and there are other experts here who can assist you in that specific category.  

I'll look forward to receiving your additional information, and then I'll be able to assist you from a Kabbalistic perspective.  

Robert Waxman, Ph.D.

Please ask any questions that are relevant to Kabbalah or Jewish mysticism. Other topics to inquire about include: science and Kabbalah, parallel universes, reincarnation, after-death states, cosmology, numerology (gematria), hidden meanings of the Bible, the eternal validity of the soul, Plato, and Kabbalah, Vedanta and Kabbalah, and the meaning of life according to Kabbalah.

Author of "Kabbalah Simply Stated" published by Paragon House Publishers and distributed in 12 countries. Other books: "2012: The Meaning and The Message", "Seven Fundamental Propositions of Esoteric Philosphy" and "The Power of AWE!". Studied Kabbalah with Rabbi Azriel Abraham of Jerusalem from 1985 - 1998 and have been teaching Kabbalah and other subjects since 1998. Classes include: Kabbalah According To The Scholars, (Scholem, Kaplan, Tishby & Idel), Comparative Spirituality, Latest Research on the Near Death Experience (NDE), Spirtually Transformative Experiences & Cognitive Dissonance, Common Threads of Wisdom in Religion, Science, and Consciousness Studies. Thousands have attended these classes over the years. Additionally, on-going classes are given all year round along with guest speaking presentations at a wide variety of religious and philosophical organizations.

Founding Member and guest speaker at The Open Center in Sarasota, FL. International Association for Near-Death Studies (IANDS) Longboat Key Education Center Unity Life Enrichment Center American Seminar Leader's Association

(3) Books, many original articles that can be found on the internet (ezine, netterweb, searchwarp, etc.) "Beyond Madonna - Kabbalah according to the Great Scholars" and "Beyond The Da Vinci Code".

Ph.D. from Saybrook University; Master's Degree from Skidmore College with a concentration in Comparative Religion; (2) B.A.'s from The American University. Additional courses in Philosophy at Columbia University.

Many certificates of appreciation and recognition from various organizations.

Over the last 15 years classes have been held at The Open Center, (5) Jewish Community Centers in South Florida, synogogues, Longboat Key Education Center, The Center For Positive Living, Interfaith Centers, Unity of Sarasota, and other religious & philosophical organizations.