Kabbalah/Faith through Miracles

Question
QUESTION: Dear expert

These events happen many times all over the world, if the New Testament is a christian invention, how are all these miracles happening ? Is there anything fake about these Videos ? Please watch them and let me know.

http://youtu.be/SwHhCtahKW0

http://youtu.be/IvyUnmBjxm8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txDJsFgSoUI

http://youtu.be/JG-wfFUevVw

ANSWER: Ekram - you are the miracle. Kabbalah teaches us to look inside ourselves to find 'Yechidah' or a spark of the divine. You'll find a similar concept in Hinduism called "Atman." In Christianity - it's "the Heaven within." All religions refer to this concept.

The outer world is temporary (with or without so-called miracles) whereas, your inner world is part of the One Realty.

Each person chooses to base their faith on either outer events or inner truths (or a combination of both). However, trying to prove that phenomena are real or fake - connotes that one is seeking "proof" to justify their spiritual beliefs. In the event such phenomena can be reproduced repeatedly under the same exact conditions - then, one no longer needs faith - because then it's a scientific fact.          

I hope this information has been helpful to you.

QUESTION: Mr. Waxman

I do not understand what you mean by:

In the event such phenomena can be reproduced repeatedly under the same exact conditions - then, one no longer needs faith - because then it's a scientific fact. I will rephrase your statement by saying:

In the event such paranormal or miraculous phenomena can happen repeatedly in different parts of the world, then that can strengthen faith and believe. Those events have nothing to do with scientific facts, and they are inexplicable by science.  

I am agnostic and I am not seeking proof to justify my spiritual beliefs. I want to choose either Christianity or Judaism. I did not find any miracles or supernatural activities associated with Judaism. If there are any, please share them with me.

I am searching for the right way and the truthful religion to follow. If Christianity is from God, then these miracles or supernatural events can prove that their faith is truly from God. If you are Jewish, please convince me that Judaism is the only right religion and Christianity is wrong. If you are able to convince me that Christianity is wrong, then I will leave it and choose the Jewish faith instead. I never seen any miracles or supernatural phenomenon associated or connected with Judaism. Please support your point of view with any videos that I can see. When I see something I can believe it is true, but if I listen to ceremonies and preaching without proof then it will be more difficult for me to believe.      

http://youtu.be/wdLURM4MXWQ  

http://youtu.be/JG-wfFUevVw

http://youtu.be/IvyUnmBjxm8

Answer
Dear Ekram,

Thank you for your follow-up question.

Per your original question, "....if the New Testament is a christian invention, how are all these miracles happening ? Is there anything fake about these Videos ? Please watch them and let me know."

From an objective viewpoint, your question sounded like a video defense for the legitimacy of biblical "miracles." Since you asked this question under the category of "Kabbalah," - my response (according to Kabbalistic scholarship) was to clarify that most Kabbalists are more concerned with the "miracle" of directly experiencing the Godhead than with trying to validate biblical miracles.  

Kabbalists also aspire to reach the ideal states of: 1) "Tikkun ha-Nephesh"- reaching a state of wholeness within, and 2) "Tikkun Olam" - reaching a state of peace, goodness, and righteousness in the outer world through the performance of mitzvot (good works).    

As per your follow-up question about choosing a religion: "If you are able to convince me that Christianity is wrong, then I will leave it and choose the Jewish faith instead. I never seen any miracles or supernatural phenomenon associated or connected with Judaism. Please support your point of view with any videos that I can see. . . When I see something I can believe it is true, but if I listen to ceremonies and preaching without proof then it will be more difficult for me to believe."

First, only you can choose a religion that is right for you. Your best bet would be to attend services from various sects of these two religions and then decide which one feels right for you. As I pointed out in my prior answer, if you're looking for "real proof" of phenomena - then, only science can provide such proof by recreating phenomena that may have been perceived as miracles back in biblical days (2,000 - 3500 years ago). Additionally, any claims for miracles on youtube or a website are "in the eye of the beholder" and cannot be quantified with empirical evidence.     

As stated, Kabbalah does not focus on ancient biblical miracles. However, two metaphysical "miracles" that Kabbalists might wonder about are: how did everything in the universe come to be? ...and what is the true nature of the Godhead? To come to terms with such questions usually requires faith, beliefs or a creative imagination.

Ekram, since your questions are directly related to Judaism, Christianity and the Bible - you will probably receive many more satisfying answers from "experts" in those topic areas. My suggestion is to present your questions in those categories for a more helpful response.

I wish you all the best and hope you find the answers you are seeking.

Kabbalah

Robert Waxman, Ph.D.