Kabbalah/Question about Tree of Life

Question
Hi, I saw a photo of the tree of life on google 9 years ago, they said the Gevurah was on the left side and the Chesed was on the right side.

About 4 years ago or so, I began to feel this peace on the right side of my body, like an invisible or divine Hand was healing me and after that I realized I was becoming more accepting and tolerant and gracious and less aggressive to others

And then I began to feel a peace on the left side of my body and I began to realize my pain tolerance was increasing and so was my assertiveness and sense of completeness

Is there any literature or information that you can provide with me on healing the different Sefirot? Especially the Gevurah, my parents would tell me I was a worthless piece of garbage 300 - 600 times a day and I think I have a broken spirit or wounded Gevurah - I'm 30 and I act like I'm 16 years old because of the abuse and emotional suffocation I went through. They also denied me medical treatment when I had anorexia and diabetes at the age of 9 out of a desire to make me suffer and possibly kill me from it, my mother was very jealous of me and now I am a very weak person because of it.

Answer
Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your question. You are correct about The Tree of Life with Gevurah (judgement, severity) on the left side and Chesed (love) on the right side (both are below the Supernal Triad in the World of Yetzirah).

The Tree of Life can symbolize various aspects of the human mind and body. It's quite interesting that you felt healing powers on each side of your body while your understanding of "self" had progressed. This type of correspondence is one of the great mysteries and practical benefits of "The Tree." This ancient diagram represents a universal, archetypal map of mind and body as well as patterns or cycles in nature.

There are several books on Kabbalah, the sephiroth, and teachings on healing. These include:

1) Kabbalah for Health & Wellness by Stavash;
2) Healing with God's Love: Kabbalah's Hidden Secrets by Goldhamer & Bagley and;
3) Kabbalistic Psychology: A Transpersonal Perspective by Mol.  

You may also wish to look into the practice of Mussar which focuses on psychological healing (known to most Kabbalists). Here are just a few books on this subject:

1) A Responsible Life: The Spiritual Path of Mussar by Stone;
2) With Heart in Mind: Mussar Teachings to Transform Your Life by Morinis and;
3) The Spiritual Practice of Good Actions: Finding Balance Through the Soul Traits of Mussar by Marcus.

You might also consider joining a support group in your area to talk about your experiences which may help you cope with the after-effects.  

I wish you all the best - Bob Waxman, Ph.D

Kabbalah

Robert Waxman, Ph.D.