Karate/how to train like a true budoka

Dear shihan

i am a karate sensie , i have been training and teaching karate for 20 years ,my main style is kyokushin , (also i did shotokan and taekonwdo ) ...

the reason for me to train karate was never to be the best    
competitive or tournament fighter , i always want to be a strong old school karateka .

unfortunately most of the karate organizations now Focuses on sports competitions ,so a lot of shihans now only cares about bringing a good athletes , its may be a good thing , but im looking for something to make me good martial artist no matter what is my age , without limiting my training for tournament rules , something smiler to oyama dojo days .

i no longer teach karate at my dojo ,i only training for myself at the moment

my training Schedule is like this

3 to 4 days karate for one hour 30 min (2 days kihon + kata or Goshin Jutsu , 2 days kihon + kumite Techniques)

3 to 4 days weight training

i don't do cardio , only some punching bag rounds on my karate days

do you think this is a good training schedule for a karateka who wants to enhance his karate skills

what is your suggestions

First let me apologize for not responding to you sooner.  I received an email from AllExperts explaining that questions sometimes don't actually get sent to the experts.  Today is the first day I saw your question, so let me try to now help.
As a long time Kyokushin student and teacher I can relate to your question very well.  Most karate organizations, even the most traditional ones, are at cross odds with the students who belong to them when it comes to organized competition, especially when it comes to "open" tournaments.  From an organization's point of view, tournament champions are a reflection (although a false reflection) on the effectiveness of the style, the reputation of the school, or the skill of the teacher(s)and coaches.  All of these things contribute to helping the organization, style or individual school grow, both in reputation and membership.  This was Oyama's goal as well, and it helped him to build the largest organization with schools in 169 countries.  The motto was "World's strongest Karate," and I can still hear my own teachers yelling "I want champion!" as we did kumite in class.
Not everyone can become a champion, and it is unfortunate that because of this organizational pressure, many people drop out, and lose the benefits that training can give everyone.  You did the right thing by recognizing this for yourself.
Without knowing you personally, I would say that your training schedule is a good one.  The one thing you need to keep in mind is that throughout your training, at every stage, you need what the Japanese call, "shugyo", so that you are always pushed a bit beyond your personal limits.  In that way you will continue to grow and learn.
Kancho Ganci

M. Ganci

Certified Yudansha with Mas Oyama`s Kyokushin and branch chief instructor from 1969-1975. Soshin of Mushin Karate-Do 1975. Regional Director with Renmei Budokai, 1977-1986. More than 40 years teaching, training, and competing experience.

Past/Present clients
Have Trained more than 10,000 people and over thirty black belts