Kenya/American Woman,with Kenyan boyfriend moving to America

beth wrote at 2013-02-12 04:40:51
Well, I can tell you, It will be a MAJOR change for the both of you.  If your boyfriend is moving to an area without many Kenyans or his own family and won't have a support system around, things could go in either direction and fairly quickly.  Not to say that he isn't competent or hard-working, but I am telling you from experience, it will be a huge change.  I don't know where in the States you live, but you need to take into consideration the area in which you live.  

The previous comment above is absolutely correct.  It is beyond difficult for a Kenyan man (or any man for that matter) to sit at home looking for work while the woman is off making money.    It will make any Kenyan man spiral into a variety of emotions and they will often feel anger and worthlessness because they are not providing.  Not to mention, the minute he gets here, his family and friends will be pressuring him to send money home immediately.     If he has a fairly strong accent and you live in a small town or area that is not very diverse....expect problems.     

Again, I am not trying to be negative, but you MUST be prepared for this at all costs, as well as he.       I would be happy to give you more advice if you would like, so feel free to contact me and I can give you more details.  

Kenya

Margaret Kariuki