Kenya/Bigamy laws in Kenya

Whats the procedure for suing for bigamy I was legally married in church not yet divorced the man has now traditionally married another woman please advice

So sorry to hear about your situation Kelly.

Going to court is always an expensive affair so its good to factor in all considerations. There are many issues to consider as you decide whether to sue for bigamy.

How long have you been married?

Would you be looking to get a divorce?

Are there any children involved?

Is he the one maintaining you or can you survive on your own? Would you require maintenance from him?

Let me know,

Margaret Kariuki

I can answer most questions relating to civil law in Kenya. This includes Family Law, Commercial Law, Immigration and Conveyancing.

Legal Issues in Kenya Divorce Procedures Marriage Procedures Adoption in Kenya Trademarks in Kenya Work Permits in Kenya Custody of Children in Kenya Company Registration in Kenya Registering and Winding Up of Companies in Kenya Conveyancing in Kenya UK Immigration Law

Kenya Law Society

Advocate of High Court of Kenya Masters in Law (London School of Economics) Bachelors in Law (University of Warwick)