hi i have been married for the last 14years traditionally n we separated last year december...where i moved out with the kids then after 3 months my former said he wont pay for the kids school fees until they move in to stay with him..and since one of my kids was a candidate i decided to let them since shes clearing her exams nxt week am asking for advice how can i have the custody and he pays the school fees n maintain them?

Hi Jane,

Sorry to hear about your situation.

You will need to involve the courts to get a maintenance and custody order. There are legal costs involved.

If you want to do this, email me on and I can advice further.



All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Margaret Kariuki


I can answer most questions relating to civil law in Kenya. This includes Family Law, Commercial Law, Immigration and Conveyancing.


Legal Issues in Kenya Divorce Procedures Marriage Procedures Adoption in Kenya Trademarks in Kenya Work Permits in Kenya Custody of Children in Kenya Company Registration in Kenya Registering and Winding Up of Companies in Kenya Conveyancing in Kenya UK Immigration Law

Kenya Law Society

Advocate of High Court of Kenya Masters in Law (London School of Economics) Bachelors in Law (University of Warwick)

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]