You are here:

Kenya/sertifikat marriage


Hallo!I was marrige in Kenya,but i haven't sertifikat for marriage.Can you send me to my adres in Belgium kopi of this sertifikat,without coming to Kenya?

Hi Patrick, You can contact the Kenya High Commission in Belgium with your marriage details. You will be given a search form to fill. Return this with a postal order (5 if in UK).

The High Commission will forward the documents to Department of Civil Registration in Kenya. It could take up to 14 weeks to obtain a copy of the certificate.

If you would like assistance in obtaining a copy of your certificate, I would be happy to facilitate the process. Email on


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Margaret Kariuki


I can answer most questions relating to civil law in Kenya. This includes Family Law, Commercial Law, Immigration and Conveyancing.


Legal Issues in Kenya Divorce Procedures Marriage Procedures Adoption in Kenya Trademarks in Kenya Work Permits in Kenya Custody of Children in Kenya Company Registration in Kenya Registering and Winding Up of Companies in Kenya Conveyancing in Kenya UK Immigration Law

Kenya Law Society

Advocate of High Court of Kenya Masters in Law (London School of Economics) Bachelors in Law (University of Warwick)

©2017 All rights reserved.