Kenya/Dependent visa after marrying a Kenya girl

Question
Dear sr, i am an indian, working in uk. I planning to marry my Kenya girl friend and what are the procedures  to get marry in kenya? After marrying her will i get a dependent visa in kenya? Will i get a permanent citizenship after marrying her and how long it wil take? I am waiting for your advice. Thanks

Answer
Marriage procedures in Kenya are relatively simple. You will need to enter the country as a tourist and we can schedule a marriage at the Attorney General's office (similar to the town hall in UK). You will need affidavits to declare that you and your wife to be a single and eligible to be married. However, that would not give you citizenship. What we may do is apply for citizenship after you have resided in Kenya for over 6months which again would be granted without much ado.

We would be happy to assist you in the process. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Maggie.

Kenya

Margaret Kariuki