Kenya/Marriage in Kenya

I was born in kenya but now living in the UK. and now i getting with a girl in kenya. i just wanted to find out what are the requirements for me and her to get married. i will need some assistance as i will arrive in kenya on the 23rd of august. many thanks in advance

Hi Farooq,

There are a couple of things that you will need to consider;

Do you have a Kenyan Passport of Identity Card?

Is your girlfriend a Kenyan national?

Have you or your girlfriend ever been married before?

Are you looking to be married in a church, other religious marriage or at the Civil Registry?

Let me know the answer to this via email - and I will be in a position to advice you further.

Margaret Kariuki

I can answer most questions relating to civil law in Kenya. This includes Family Law, Commercial Law, Immigration and Conveyancing.

Legal Issues in Kenya Divorce Procedures Marriage Procedures Adoption in Kenya Trademarks in Kenya Work Permits in Kenya Custody of Children in Kenya Company Registration in Kenya Registering and Winding Up of Companies in Kenya Conveyancing in Kenya UK Immigration Law

Kenya Law Society

Advocate of High Court of Kenya Masters in Law (London School of Economics) Bachelors in Law (University of Warwick)