Kenya/Names

Question
halo, i have been living with my husband who we are not legally married for nearly 6 years. before i got married i had a son. the father of my son has never ever supported him ever since he was born and we were never married and he disappeared when my son was born. when i got married, we had another son with my current husband. my husband now wants to make things official and we are planning a wedding soon. my husband wants his names included in my first sons legal papers since he has been his step dad since we met 6 years ago. how do we go through it and which papers do we need to fill. please help. thanks

Answer
Hi Ann,

Apologies for the delay in answering your question.

Yes, you can change the name of your son. You would need to do an affidavit to effect the changes that you require.

Its more or less a straight forward process.

If you have not already done it and would like to do it, you can email me on mwairimum@yahoo.co.uk and we can speak some more.

Once again, apologies for the delay.

Maggie.

Kenya

Margaret Kariuki