Kenya/Citizenship for children born of Kenyan parents

Hi Gichuchu

I just wanted to clarify the new Kenya law allows dual citizenship and states a person is a citizen by birth if at the date of his or her birth; one of the parents is or was a citizen of Kenya by birth . This is regardless of where the person is or was born. My mum held valid kenya passports from 1974-84 86-96 and 97-02. She acquired British citizenship by naturalisation in Dec 1999. Her passport expired in 84 jan and she renewed in may 1986. The year I was born in she had not renewed her passport as she wasn't going anywhere abroad due to my birth. I just wanted to find out would she still be a citizen if her passport was expired and would I also qualify for citizenship according to the new constitution. Your answer would be greatly appreciated :)."

Hello Chirag,
 First once you have been issued a passport, that means you are issued as a Kenyan and you only need to renew your passport. I have a passport and once it expire I do not stop top be a Kenyan, all I need is to renew the passport.
where do you live now? in Kenya or UK?. But I have one questions is your mum a Kenyan or from UK? When she acquired the British Citizenship  , did she denounce her Kenyan citizenship?
Meanwhile I will get back to you on Tuesday with more details.
Thanks ,

Gichuchu Okeno

I am can answer questions about Kenya, Tourism, safari booking, Civil marriage and divorce in Kenya, starting business in Kenya, children adoption, immigrating to Kenya, Visa, retirement in Kenya, safari pricing, hotel rates.I also answer questions about different Kenyan culture, resident permits.

I am a tour operator Brayogo Safaris Company Limited - based in Tsavo - Voi,Kenya for the last 8 years. I do gemstone collection as a hobby,especially gemstones that are mined in Tsavo Kenya Buying gemstone in Kenya and Tanzania,question on buying Tsavorites and other gemstones,

discovery of change color garnets in Kenya,

Molo Township College