Kenya/Living in Kenya

Question
Hi, I hope you can help.

I am an English man and my fiancee is Kenyan, we met at university in UK 3 years ago, she has now gone back to kenya and I am hoping to immigrate to kenya later this year.

What type of visa or permit can I apply for to be able to live on Kenya? We have found only limited information on spousal or marriage visas.

Other info you may find useful: she is a currency trader working for a bank and has her own house. I am starting a small independent travel/safari businesss that will operate from the UK and provide small tours in Kenya - to provide me with an income. We have about 20k in savings.

Thanks in anticipation.

Kind regards,
Dan.

Answer
Hi Dan ,
I think at the moment there is a big list of people getting married to Kenyan and then apply for paper work to live and work here of which is getting a bit strict now to get paper work easily. But I think to be honest your plans work out as best option.
I would recommend first you register your tour company in UK and start sending clients to Kenya thereafter you can register a branch of the  ( same Name ) for the company  registered in UK here in kenya, You will be one of the directors while your Kenyan partner will apply for your investor's permit/ pass. Now at this stage  you will make decision which is easier and cheaper for you, Spouse dependent pass or investor's permit.
As far as I have learned , you will safe yourself a of trouble if you first come and then start your process slowly. When you are here you work out things more easily and your Kenyan partner will help you out as well.

Thanks, Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need more help.

Okeno.

Kenya

Gichuchu Okeno