Kenya/Romance scam

First of all sorry for  my bad english. I have been dating this kenyan guy for 5 year and lately i found out he only there in this relationship due to my money. All this 5 year i have been giving him food because his parent sendom send him money. I also borrow him money for his school fee. Today i hope i can get back the money i borrow to him, can you tell me how?

by the way he also pay to pass his exam, and i feel i obligated to tell.

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for your email. By the way, your English is not as bad as you think. It is good enough for communication.

Sorry to hear about your situation. Your case seems pretty common here in Kenya. Most Kenyans use foreigners for their money. Anytime someone tells you sympathetic stories so that you can advance them money - it should be a red flag - meaning leave them alone. In most cases, most of them get money from many others at the same time. So probably, he is scamming others at the same time.

Where is he located? Is he in Kenya? Are you in Kenya? How much money have you given him so far? Were you doing wire transfers or giving it in cash?

Let me know.

Margaret Kariuki

I can answer most questions relating to civil law in Kenya. This includes Family Law, Commercial Law, Immigration and Conveyancing.

Legal Issues in Kenya Divorce Procedures Marriage Procedures Adoption in Kenya Trademarks in Kenya Work Permits in Kenya Custody of Children in Kenya Company Registration in Kenya Registering and Winding Up of Companies in Kenya Conveyancing in Kenya UK Immigration Law

Kenya Law Society

Advocate of High Court of Kenya Masters in Law (London School of Economics) Bachelors in Law (University of Warwick)