Kenya/Research and Intern Pass

Question
Hi Margeret,

My question is with regards to the new research and intern position. I intend to begin an internship with an INGO which will be based mainly in Kenya, but may also involve travel outside of Kenya. My question are

1) Is  the research and or internship limited to  academic institutions?
2) Does it permit multiple entry into Kenya?
3) What is the procedure/documents required?

Many thanks,

Warsame

Answer
No. It is not restricted to an academic institution. I will double check for you whether it is a multiple entry pass - though I suspect it is.

Documents and Information required to apply for pass;

Your contact details
Passport Details - you will need to attach a copy of it
Course / research details
Details about the institution where you will be attached
Your academic qualification details

The establishment you will be attached to also needs to complete some forms on your behalf

Hope this helps.

I will get back to you with more information.  

Kenya

Margaret Kariuki