You are here:

Kenya/Research and Intern Pass


Hi Margeret,

My question is with regards to the new research and intern position. I intend to begin an internship with an INGO which will be based mainly in Kenya, but may also involve travel outside of Kenya. My question are

1) Is  the research and or internship limited to  academic institutions?
2) Does it permit multiple entry into Kenya?
3) What is the procedure/documents required?

Many thanks,


No. It is not restricted to an academic institution. I will double check for you whether it is a multiple entry pass - though I suspect it is.

Documents and Information required to apply for pass;

Your contact details
Passport Details - you will need to attach a copy of it
Course / research details
Details about the institution where you will be attached
Your academic qualification details

The establishment you will be attached to also needs to complete some forms on your behalf

Hope this helps.

I will get back to you with more information.  


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Margaret Kariuki


I can answer most questions relating to civil law in Kenya. This includes Family Law, Commercial Law, Immigration and Conveyancing.


Legal Issues in Kenya Divorce Procedures Marriage Procedures Adoption in Kenya Trademarks in Kenya Work Permits in Kenya Custody of Children in Kenya Company Registration in Kenya Registering and Winding Up of Companies in Kenya Conveyancing in Kenya UK Immigration Law

Kenya Law Society

Advocate of High Court of Kenya Masters in Law (London School of Economics) Bachelors in Law (University of Warwick)

©2017 All rights reserved.