You are here:

Kenya/Spousal visa


Jambo,am from Austria and I want to marry my Kenyan fiancée and live with her in Kenya. Can I obtain residence permit because of the marriage and if, is there an expiry date of the permit? What are the requirements?
Is there a chance for me to get a work permit? (I don't have 100.000 Dollar for class G visa)
Is it possible to buy land?

Thx a lot in advance

Si Jambo,
First getting married to a Kenyan will not help you to get residence permit. The best way to get resident permits is open a business with your spouse to be and then she would apply for your investors resident permit
Kindly ask your wife to be  to visit Immigration  for more details


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Gichuchu Okeno


I am can answer questions about Kenya, Tourism, safari booking, Civil marriage and divorce in Kenya, starting business in Kenya, children adoption, immigrating to Kenya, Visa, retirement in Kenya, safari pricing, hotel rates.I also answer questions about different Kenyan culture, resident permits.


I am a tour operator Brayogo Safaris Company Limited - based in Tsavo - Voi,Kenya for the last 8 years. I do gemstone collection as a hobby,especially gemstones that are mined in Tsavo Kenya Buying gemstone in Kenya and Tanzania,question on buying Tsavorites and other gemstones,


discovery of change color garnets in Kenya,

Molo Township College

©2017 All rights reserved.