You are here:

Kenya/US citizen marrying a kenyan woman


I recently married a Kenyan woman in Nairobi, Kenya.  I have now returned to the US and we are working to get her a visa for permanent residence here.  We would, however like to be able to have the freedom for both of us to live in Kenya if the situation is right.  Is it possible for me to get a permanent visa which would allow me to work as a husband of a Kenyan citizen?  

Thanks in advance,


Hi Don,
First of all thank you for being our Shemeji ( brother in law) thank again. I believe the first step is  get your spouse US residence as your wife and after that she will help you to apply for duo citizenship here in Kenya. You will still have the US passport and Kenyan passport.  You having married a Kenyan should not be a big problem at  all. What I will do I confirm with with a lawyer and I will get back to you.


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Gichuchu Okeno


I am can answer questions about Kenya, Tourism, safari booking, Civil marriage and divorce in Kenya, starting business in Kenya, children adoption, immigrating to Kenya, Visa, retirement in Kenya, safari pricing, hotel rates.I also answer questions about different Kenyan culture, resident permits.


I am a tour operator Brayogo Safaris Company Limited - based in Tsavo - Voi,Kenya for the last 8 years. I do gemstone collection as a hobby,especially gemstones that are mined in Tsavo Kenya Buying gemstone in Kenya and Tanzania,question on buying Tsavorites and other gemstones,


discovery of change color garnets in Kenya,

Molo Township College

©2017 All rights reserved.