Kenya/Foreigner Marrying in Kenya

Question
Hi, my fiance and I are flying in from Morocco to get married. He is Moroccan and I am American. My question is, for the Special Certificate, do we need to apply for it a few weeks before we arrive or do we wait until we get there? For example we will arrive on May 25, but we have our honeymoon hotel date booked in Mombasa on May 29. Since we will be taking the train to Mombasa, we wanted to marry on May 28, if possible or before that date. Since we plan to do a civil service at Sheria House anyway, do we need to book this in advance to confirm us a space? Do we need to get the Special Certificate approved before we arrive or can it wait until we get there since I am in the US right now and he's in Morocco (it will be difficult to send documents at the same time). I tried to call the General Register but I never got anyone to answer and mailing these questions would take far too long. Thanks!

Answer
Hi Alicia ,
Okay you need to book for at least 21days in order to book your wedding date at Sheri's house. And you can only book after your documents have been verified . But the good news I am to help you as long as you will use the registrar's marriage office in Mombasa. Kindly send me a private message or email me directly and I will send you all details.

Thanks ,
Okeno.

Kenya

Gichuchu Okeno