Kenya/Can I bring my Kenyan husband to live with me in the UK?

Question
I married my husband in April 2011 in Mombasa in a registry office. We applied for a visitors visa that was turned down. I've been working here in the UK to support my husband and send money out each month. I want to bring him here to settle down and start a family. He is unemployed in Kenya. In work today someone informed me he would have to have a job and be earning the equivalent to 18000! Is this true or can we just apply for a spouse visa? I don't earn 18000 a year either. Please can you advise me. Thank you
Yours sincerely
Abigail

Answer
Hi Abigail ,
Well it is possibly to be unemployed in Kenya but to be honest one can always find something yo do earn one's living. I used to receive several hundreds of dollars from California for each month for so many years but when Godmother passed away , it took me almost 6 months for unlock from impossible to possibilities , since then  I try encourage unemployed people to see beyond employment ., so for being hard on that.

Now regarding Visa to UK , I have no information at all since I do answer questions regarding Kenya , but what I know UK is very strict  especially in issuing visa especially to people with no permanent jobs in Kenya which is one of the factor considered if one is going to return back . What I would recommend it is you to apply for residence permit for your husband while he us in Kenya , this might take long time but it is straight forward and open . One applying for visitor 's visa and then never come back , is not taken to be genuine .

The other option is to ge visa to one of the European country which borders UK and enter UK Europe , this could be easier than applying from here.

Thanks,
Okeno.

Kenya

Gichuchu Okeno