You are here:

Kenya/separation,children maintanance and property


My husband walked out of the house seven years ago leaving two children.we had wedded.He got married to another traditionary.He is not committed to support the kids and so i really struggle.He is not willing to share the property we aquired in our 11yrs of marriage simply because it is all written in his name. Kindly advice me.I feel veri cheated n exploited.Thanks.

Hi Mercelina,
You need the service of a professional lawyer to assist you. But before proceeding to lawyers office you need to go children office near you and start  from there. Your husband should be summoned by the children officer in  writing and he fails to co operate then you will need to get lawyer to go to court.


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Gichuchu Okeno


I am can answer questions about Kenya, Tourism, safari booking, Civil marriage and divorce in Kenya, starting business in Kenya, children adoption, immigrating to Kenya, Visa, retirement in Kenya, safari pricing, hotel rates.I also answer questions about different Kenyan culture, resident permits.


I am a tour operator Brayogo Safaris Company Limited - based in Tsavo - Voi,Kenya for the last 8 years. I do gemstone collection as a hobby,especially gemstones that are mined in Tsavo Kenya Buying gemstone in Kenya and Tanzania,question on buying Tsavorites and other gemstones,


discovery of change color garnets in Kenya,

Molo Township College

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]