You are here:

Kenya/Foreign Boyfriend


Hi Okeno,
Well I met this nice man from Georgia while on an assignment and we grew fond of each other.
We have plans to leave the country and go back to Georgia to settle there.
What is the right procedure to follow.

Hi Sue,
  I think to be safer I would recommend you get married here first and once you have the marriage certificate issued your husband to be will start the process of getting you move to US by applying while he is in US and you are here and once your marriage paper work has been accepted and approved you will travel there as his wife and you will have no issues of VISA. The other option you may travel to US on business Visa  and get married but the danger comes in case of any misunderstanding and separate follows your side of the case is not strong as the one who got married while in Kenya. For marriages requirement in Kenya kindly visit our website for more information. And course our culture it is the man who come to your home to ask for marriage .



All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Gichuchu Okeno


I am can answer questions about Kenya, Tourism, safari booking, Civil marriage and divorce in Kenya, starting business in Kenya, children adoption, immigrating to Kenya, Visa, retirement in Kenya, safari pricing, hotel rates.I also answer questions about different Kenyan culture, resident permits.


I am a tour operator Brayogo Safaris Company Limited - based in Tsavo - Voi,Kenya for the last 8 years. I do gemstone collection as a hobby,especially gemstones that are mined in Tsavo Kenya Buying gemstone in Kenya and Tanzania,question on buying Tsavorites and other gemstones,


discovery of change color garnets in Kenya,

Molo Township College

©2017 All rights reserved.