You are here:

Kenya/civil union


im from kenya and currently in Germany. i travelled here with a visit visa, me and my Partner we are gay. my Partner is a german citizen and we would like to get married here in Germany, my question is,  i am supposed to have the certificate of no impediment as a requirment, and kenya dosent issue the certificate to same sex. i will be back in Nairobi to apply for a longterm visa,  and i have all the documents exept the certificate. will the german embassy in Nairobi reject my application?

okay Salim , I think you should go ahead and apply for normal certificate for no impediment without raising alarm. Kenyans officials cannot tell all Germany names if they belong to a woman or a man.  just apply as if you are to marry a lady lakini mimi sihusiki huko mbele.



All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Gichuchu Okeno


I am can answer questions about Kenya, Tourism, safari booking, Civil marriage and divorce in Kenya, starting business in Kenya, children adoption, immigrating to Kenya, Visa, retirement in Kenya, safari pricing, hotel rates.I also answer questions about different Kenyan culture, resident permits.


I am a tour operator Brayogo Safaris Company Limited - based in Tsavo - Voi,Kenya for the last 8 years. I do gemstone collection as a hobby,especially gemstones that are mined in Tsavo Kenya Buying gemstone in Kenya and Tanzania,question on buying Tsavorites and other gemstones,


discovery of change color garnets in Kenya,

Molo Township College

©2017 All rights reserved.