i am in my mid 20s, i live with my partner who is in her early 40s, she walked out of her marriage 9 years ago though it was not formal( it had not yet been legalized, she has three children, while i have one though she lives with her mother. we would like to legalize our marriage through an affidavit. is there any impediment that does not allow as to do so?

I hope you are well. If there are no other factors aside from what you have just shared, then no, there are no other impediments. However you cannot legalize your marriage through an affidavit. The options available for legalizing a marriage are through either: customary ( traditional ) wedding, through the Attorney General (AG) Chambers or a church wedding. All of the above will entitle you to a marriage certificate that will formally declared you married.

Wish you all the best  


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Bonnie Kiama


I can answer: Tourism Housing commerce Legal Aid Gambling ICT Real estate Dating, love, sex & relationship Social scenes & events i.e. Night life Sports


I have lived in Nairobi, Kenya all my life. I am currently based here & every question based on the categories above are very familiar to me. The questions that elude me, I am willing to research & offer comprehensive, honest, reliable & accurate answers.

Degree in IT Degree in International Business Administration Diploma in Banking

©2017 All rights reserved.