Kickboxing/Child potential heath problem related to kikk boxing

Hello, my son is five year old and since we leave in Thailand,he has started Thai Boxing.He loves it,but I am concern about potential health problems,specifically concerning the development of his members such as forearms.Any informations will be welcome.Thank you.

Hello Christian,
  The Thai kids been training since they are 5 years old  and they been fighting and they have no problems whatsoever. if you ask a doctor in the states they will tell have your child punch and kick hand mitts and not punch on heavy bags full force cause it may cause damage to growth plates but there has no studies done so we dont know if this myth or fact. but if your worried just tell your 5 year old only punch bags at 10 percent power not 100 percent and he should have no problems.

thank you for question. Please let me know if theres anything i can help with

Heath"Cowboy" Harris

I can answer all questions regarding Boxing/Kickboxing Fitness and Mixed Martial Arts so people can change up their workout rountines in the gym so they wont become bored. I can do Program Design for all fitness levels for children,adults, and special populations. I can answer all questions regarding training for fights,how to find fights, rules and regulations for fights,how to find local gyms to train at,upcoming events throughout the United States , how to pick a good trainer,nutrition, plyometrics,and road work. I continueously go to workshops for the latest training techniques for fitness and competitive fighting to always be on top of my game. It is very rare not to know an answer to a question in my field but if it does happen, i will most likely know where to find the answer... Where there is a will, There's a way!!

I have been a Fighter/ Personal Trainer for 15 years. I have worked with clients from children(5 years old and up),adults, to amateur and professional athletes. I've trained fighters and also worked with the average person to obtain their personal fitness goals. Such as weight loss/ weight gain, tone up, self esteem,self defense,rape prevention programs,afterschool kids' programs and teaching a way to live a healthy lifestyle.

3X Professional Muay Thai Champion 4X Amateur Muay Thai Champion Professional Boxer Sparring Partner for Professional Fighters: Bernard Hopkins, Paul Vaden, Ken Shamrock, Jesus Salud. NASM- Certified Personal Trainer AAAI Pre/Post Natal Certified ISCA Boxing/Kickboxing Certified 4th degree black belt Tae Kwon Do 6th Degree Black belt Shaolin Kempo

1997 IKF Amateur Fighter of the year Award 1997 Best Knockout Award

Trainer of UFC Legend Ken Shamrock and the Lions' Den Fight Team, Ex-San Diego Charger Guard Tonu Finoti,