Kids` Health/pre teen acne

Question
I have a 10 year old who has started puberty and her face has broken out badly!! I have tried everything proactive and nothing has worked. She gets big pimples.....please help!!!

Answer
Hi April, sorry to hear this.  It is always tough when this happens.  Have you tried to go to a dermatologist to get a professional opinion.  They can go over her diet, show her the correct way to cleanse, prescribe meds if needed, and go over any lifestyle changes that may be needed.  As a parent, it is so important to keep up her self esteem, letting her know she still looks great.  It is very hard to answer this type of question via the internet, but please followup with your pediatrician.  Best of luck.

Kids` Health

Len Saunders