Kids` Health/3 years underweight

My daughet is 3years and wights 12 kgs which accordingly seems to be underwieght.

i just want to improve her diet and add weight to her body becae ir it is depressing for me when some says she is weak or anything like.

i would like to tell u roughly about her routine .

she is a preschooler in afternoon shift .

schedules stats with

10 am Breakfast one glass of milk and banana or few almonds.
(i avoid heavy breakfast as i prefer her having milk an go)

11:45 she has two Indian rotis (wheat bread with bowl of curd and  mix vegetables

5 after school she has milk and some snacks any fruit and take a nap.

7 she takes soup (beetroot ,caroot and tomato)

9 rice/ roti and vegetable and curd.

milk sometimes if not food.

please suggest any changes if i can do for her to gain weight.

My doc said she has very less iron thats d reason of her slow weight gain please suggest how can supplement be avoided"

Hi Leena, I am sorry to hear that you are worried about your daughter.  And, you have been very smart discussing this with your doctor.  From what you wrote, she appears to be on a very healthy diet.  I would suggest to have some foods rich in iron in her diet, including leafy greens, artichokes, dried fruits...etc.  Also, for her energy level, I would also include some whole grain cereals or oatmeal, which are complex carbohydrates to give her energy that will last throughout the day - as well as rich in iron.  As I suggest to everyone, always check with your daughter's doctor first to make sure this is a smart move on your behalf, as your doctor has the luxury of examining your child in person.  Best of luck Leena.

Kids` Health

Len Saunders

I can answer your questions about children's health, fitness, wellness, and obesity - so be specific with your questions. Many times I get question that a doctor or physiologist is better suited to answer. I specialize more in the line of exercise and nutrition for children. I also deal with the same topics pertaining to adult healthy lifestyle. Please note: Questions should not be related to sickness, as a doctor would be the first choice. I deal mostly with healthy lifestyle, so please, no medical questions!

Len Saunders is an award winning author, motivational speaker in the fight against childhood obesity, and nationally recognized for his innovative health & fitness events. Most recently, you may have seen Len on such media giants as CNN, Good Morning America, CNBC, The Today Show, ESPN, Nickelodeon, MSNBC, and the Fox Channel. He has served as a consultant to the President's Council on Fitness, Sports, and Nutrition as well as a spokesperson for the American Heart Association on the topic of childhood obesity. He has written or consulted with various media outlets, including Sports Illustrated For Kids magazine. Len has received praise for his leadership in the fight against childhood obesity from professional athletes, celebrities, and President's of the United States, as well as being invited to the White House on numerous occasions. Len's approach to children's health, fitness, and wellness is quite simple, but extremely effective. Len is best known for creating Project ACES, an event in which millions of school children worldwide exercise simultaneously in May each year.

Sports Illustrated, USA Today, Muscle and Fitness, along with other publications.

Master's Degree, Exercise Physiology, Monclair State University Bachelor's Degree, Physical Education, The University Of Bridgeport

I have won awards at the state and national level.