Kids` Health/Making homemade snacks

Question
Hi Len!
Can you give me your opinion on how making homemade snacks for your children can be healthier than buying pre-made snacks, specifically granola bars? Thank you so much!
Kelly

Answer
Hi Kelly, is this question pertaining to your own children?

I think making snacks is always a better choice, as you have control over what ingredients go into it, especially those parents whose children have food allergies, or just picky eaters.

In many cases, homemade also avoids many unnecessary ingredients as well.  There are some granola bars that are excellent, others, you need to be careful as they are high in processed sugar or preservatives.

But, in the end run, it is a personal choice. If you find something your child enjoys, you sometimes need to stick with it.  Hope this helps.

Kids` Health

Len Saunders