Kids` Health/Overweight boy

Dear all expert, as my 11 year old son has entered the end of primary school he seems to be eating double the size of what he normally eats at first I thought he was going threw a growth spurt but the only thing that seems to be growing is his stomach as a small child he always has a really podgy belly but now all the weight he puts on goes there and he cant lose it easily he also wont go swimming with out a top on because he has a small belly please help

Hi Christian, good morning.  It would not be professional of me to assist with a topic like this via the internet, without knowing your child, or seeing him.  Kids will eat more at times, and less at other times in their lives.

But, I would encourage you to discuss this with your child's pediatrician, who may be able to assist, or lead you to a local professional who specializes in this area.

I wish you the very best with your Son.

Thank you for contacting me.

Kids` Health

Len Saunders

I can answer your questions about children's health, fitness, wellness, and obesity - so be specific with your questions. Many times I get question that a doctor or physiologist is better suited to answer. I specialize more in the line of exercise and nutrition for children. I also deal with the same topics pertaining to adult healthy lifestyle. Please note: Questions should not be related to sickness, as a doctor would be the first choice. I deal mostly with healthy lifestyle, so please, no medical questions!

Len Saunders is an award winning author, motivational speaker in the fight against childhood obesity, and nationally recognized for his innovative health & fitness events. Most recently, you may have seen Len on such media giants as CNN, Good Morning America, CNBC, The Today Show, ESPN, Nickelodeon, MSNBC, and the Fox Channel. He has served as a consultant to the President's Council on Fitness, Sports, and Nutrition as well as a spokesperson for the American Heart Association on the topic of childhood obesity. He has written or consulted with various media outlets, including Sports Illustrated For Kids magazine. Len has received praise for his leadership in the fight against childhood obesity from professional athletes, celebrities, and President's of the United States, as well as being invited to the White House on numerous occasions. Len's approach to children's health, fitness, and wellness is quite simple, but extremely effective. Len is best known for creating Project ACES, an event in which millions of school children worldwide exercise simultaneously in May each year.

Sports Illustrated, USA Today, Muscle and Fitness, along with other publications.

Master's Degree, Exercise Physiology, Monclair State University Bachelor's Degree, Physical Education, The University Of Bridgeport

I have won awards at the state and national level.