Kids` Health/child's diet

I have a 8 yrs old male child. As he is growing he is losing interest in food.He is my only child and most of the times he stays alone at home. What should be a routine diet for him and how should i implement good habits in him towards healthy life. I am worried as his nature is also changing, day by day he is becoming aggressive.

Hi Pratima, well, I may not be qualified to answer this question via email but wanted to bring some things up to you.

First, I think it is important you discuss his diet with his pediatrician.  They can thoroughly check him out to see why he may be 'losing interest' in food.  Kids do go through cycles or growth spurts where they eat more or less, but again, it would be hard for me to give you good advice regarding this over the internet.  His doctor would be a great starting point.

Regarding good habits, in many cases, if parents lead by example, and have good habits, there is a good chance he will follow what you do.  Educate him, exercise with him, and eat healthy with him.  Again, discuss this with your doctor.

If he is getting more aggressive, talk to his teacher about this and see if he is doing this at school as well.  Then, with the support of the school, maybe you can create a game plan for him that stops the aggressive behavior.

Take advantage of the professionals around you. Sadly, getting information online will not be the best way to help your Son.  Without meeting your child, or knowing him, it is impossible to give a accurate assessment of why he is acting out this way.  

Sorry I could not be of more help, but hopefully, you will get the correct help.

Kids` Health

Len Saunders

I can answer your questions about children's health, fitness, wellness, and obesity - so be specific with your questions. Many times I get question that a doctor or physiologist is better suited to answer. I specialize more in the line of exercise and nutrition for children. I also deal with the same topics pertaining to adult healthy lifestyle. Please note: Questions should not be related to sickness, as a doctor would be the first choice. I deal mostly with healthy lifestyle, so please, no medical questions!

Len Saunders is an award winning author, motivational speaker in the fight against childhood obesity, and nationally recognized for his innovative health & fitness events. Most recently, you may have seen Len on such media giants as CNN, Good Morning America, CNBC, The Today Show, ESPN, Nickelodeon, MSNBC, and the Fox Channel. He has served as a consultant to the President's Council on Fitness, Sports, and Nutrition as well as a spokesperson for the American Heart Association on the topic of childhood obesity. He has written or consulted with various media outlets, including Sports Illustrated For Kids magazine. Len has received praise for his leadership in the fight against childhood obesity from professional athletes, celebrities, and President's of the United States, as well as being invited to the White House on numerous occasions. Len's approach to children's health, fitness, and wellness is quite simple, but extremely effective. Len is best known for creating Project ACES, an event in which millions of school children worldwide exercise simultaneously in May each year.

Sports Illustrated, USA Today, Muscle and Fitness, along with other publications.

Master's Degree, Exercise Physiology, Monclair State University Bachelor's Degree, Physical Education, The University Of Bridgeport

I have won awards at the state and national level.