Kitchen Design/Remodeling/Removing laminate countertops with a lazy susan

Rick wrote at 2011-08-06 19:51:15
Removing the lazy susan may not solve your problem.  I removed mine and the countertop was still securely attached in the back corner behind the lazy susan.  I am trying to decide whether to just go ahead and cut the countertop or keep working on a solution.  I am trying to avoid damaging the cabinets.

Jim wrote at 2015-02-09 20:33:40
I am having exactly the same problem. I am replacing my laminate counter tops with granite. I too, have the preformed cabinet behind the Lazy Susan and am unable to access the bolts which hold down the counter top. I am thinking I might just cut a hole through the very thin material behind the Lazy Susan so that I can reach to the back and take out the screws. It is deep inside the cabinet so nobody but me will ever there is a hole in there.

Tammy wrote at 2016-02-22 00:52:34
We just ran into the same problem. Turned out the builder had just used a bunch and I mean a bunch of caulk to literally glue it to the wall. There was one drywall screw that was at the edge next to the stove. Otherwise it was basically glued in place with caulk. It was bolted down everywhere except above the lazy Susan.  

Kitchen Design/Remodeling

William Spaan

Kitchen remodeling, design, and repairs are my forte. I am able to field questions about cabinets, counter tops, tile, flooring, lighting, plumbing, and all phases of a remodel.

I am a Licensed General Contractor (NC) and have been remodeling homes for over thirty years.

The undergraduate degree in english I hold does little to help me install cabinets. The thirty years plus attending the SH of K (School of Hard Knocks) in home repair and construction allows me to claim Master status.