Kitchen Design/Remodeling/range placement

tjjjc2 wrote at 2013-01-07 07:27:36
if it is a must for the homeowner, pocket out the wall.

IMO, if it's  metal to wood contact, consider a second layer or a second type of heat barrier. Straight drywall might, be ok...  

tjjjc2 wrote at 2013-01-07 07:36:41

meant to say, if wall is not load bearing, cut out part of the wall for the needed clearance/s.

In restaurants, we did have thick stainless steel grills next to the wall. But there seems to be an air-pocket type of design in the sheet metal.

Kitchen Design/Remodeling

Bryan Dix

Any questions about solid surface countertop repair. (Corian, Hi Macs, Formica Solid Surface, Gibraltar, Avonite and all other brands. Crack repairs, sink replacements, scratch removal, countertop alterations for design purposes or to accept new appliance installations and more.

I was the lead fabricator in one of North Carolina's most popular countertop fabrication shops for 5 1/2 years. In charge of residential and commercial fabricating. In 1998 I struck out on my own to start Complete Solid Surface Refinishing. North Carolina's first repair only specialist. We do not fabricate new countertops, we specialize in making existing solid surface countetops just like new again. Dupont certification. #6231

I run The Solid Surface And Stone Countertop Repair BlogAll repairs done to solid surface countertops on the blog were done by me. The stone countertop repairs were submitted to me by other repair specialists around the country. Also I am an expert author featured at

Dupont certified repair specialist certification #6321

Dupont, Formica, LG Hi Macs, Avonite, Wilsonart. As well as thousands of satisfied homeowners in North Carolina.