Kitchen Design/Remodeling/Silestone altering after installation

I have an 18 1/2 W by 26"L piece of silestone with 1 1/4" bullnose beside my stove. The other side butts against a wall.  There is a 4" back splash on the wall side and the back end. My refrigerator door will not open all the way to allow the bin drawers to open fully because the handle is hitting the silestone. I need @ an inch for this to happen. Is it possible to shorten this piece from the back and change or decrease the bull nose size?  Can it even be removed to do any changes? I would have to have a company do this. Any help you can provide will be so appreciated.  Thanks

Dear Sherrai
Yes the piece can be removed,  The overhang will however be reduced,  and if there is a laminated edge, it will have to be cut along with the back edge of the Countertop piece. Contact the installation contractor, but there will be a cost to do this.
Best regards,

Kitchen Design/Remodeling

Torin Dixon

All questions regarding fabrication and installation of natural stone tile and slab countertops, flooring, backsplash. All questions related to cleaning, sealing and stain removal of natural stone surfaces. All questions on importing process and selection of natural stone slabs and pricing issues. Granite, Marble, Limestone, Slate, Travertine, Onyx, Tile, Quartz countertops, Silestone, Eco Cannot answer questions on cabinet construction

Expert in traditional hand methods of natural stone fabrication. Expert in modern manufacturing techniques using latest machinery and equipment. Consultant of shop layout, design, and workflow analysis. Consultant of job costing, pricing structures, bidding processes of natural stone fabrication manufacturing. Expert in specifying stone maintenance cleaners and sealers Expert in stone restoration, stain removal and damage repair.

Former Vice Chairman of the Missoula Design Review Board advisory committee to the City of Missoula, Montana City Council National Association of Home Builders member Missoula Building Industry Association member Billings Home Builders Association member Bitterroot Building Association member Marble Institute of America member President-Tyler Boshae Foundation President-Club Twitch

Slippery Rock Gazette -Dimensional Stone Trade Magazine

Journeyman Marble Mason, Bricklayers & Allied Craftsmen, Los Angeles, CA 1978

Numerous Parade of Homes winner as fabricator and installation contractor of granite and stone countertops and backsplash

Thousands of residential and commercial clients from simple bathroom countertops in private homes to granite exterior cladding on high-rise buildings over a 34 year career.