Kitchen Design/Remodeling/replacing downdraft slide in range

Al wrote at 2013-05-26 02:03:16
I would advise anyone looking at this idea to be sure and research the specifications carefully before buying. From the Broan web site it appears that the Broan RMDD3004 is 7 3/8" in thickness and the Broan 273003 is 5". While this may work if you have enough depth in your cabinets it would require a filler between the range and the vent which likely would reduce the effectiveness. With both models Broan states "insufficient space for built in ovens" and a slide in would usually need more space than a built in. I have been studying everything I can find in this regard as we want to use a downdraft with a slide in. To date it looks like Dacor ERV3015 (even if Dacor has bad reviews) or Faber SCIR3014 modified to vent directly out the bottom and both with remote blowers would be the only 2 options. Hope somebody with experience can point out another choice.  

Kitchen Design/Remodeling

Craig Alan Berberich