You are here:

Kitchen Design/Remodeling/replacing downdraft slide in range


Al wrote at 2013-05-26 02:03:16
I would advise anyone looking at this idea to be sure and research the specifications carefully before buying. From the Broan web site it appears that the Broan RMDD3004 is 7 3/8" in thickness and the Broan 273003 is 5". While this may work if you have enough depth in your cabinets it would require a filler between the range and the vent which likely would reduce the effectiveness. With both models Broan states "insufficient space for built in ovens" and a slide in would usually need more space than a built in. I have been studying everything I can find in this regard as we want to use a downdraft with a slide in. To date it looks like Dacor ERV3015 (even if Dacor has bad reviews) or Faber SCIR3014 modified to vent directly out the bottom and both with remote blowers would be the only 2 options. Hope somebody with experience can point out another choice.  

Kitchen Design/Remodeling

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Craig Alan Berberich


I can answer a variety of questions in reference to proper kitchen & bath design. This can include product options, safety concerns, guidelines, installation and lighting.


I have been in the Kitchen & Bath industry for 21 years. I have experience ranging from design to installation and fabrication. I spent several years as a corporate trainer working with the National Kitchen & Bath Association to train national big box chain. I have had multiple projects featured in national publications, the last of which was Coastal Living Magazine Idea house in Florida.


Coastal Living Magazine, Better Homes & Garden, Kraftmaid Cabinetry Brochure, Dupont Corian National Advertising, Pergo Flooring National Advertising, The Home Depot National Kitchen & Bath Insert

Kansas State University, National Kitchen & Bath Association, 20/20 Design Software, Zig Ziglar Selling Skills, Tony Lowe Sales

©2017 All rights reserved.