Kitchen Design/Remodeling/Replace kitchen sink (exact size???)

Hi Craig -
We want to replace our current kitchen sink (undermount) but need help determining the proper size of the new/replacement sink.  

Here are the current measurements and other notes:
Counter is granite

Hole for current sink - undermounted - is 32" wide by 21" long (depth is 9")

The gap (counter top) between back of the sink and wall is 2.5"

Gap (conter top) btwn front of sink and edge of counter is 2"

What size sink should we consider buying?  And, are we locked into undermount or can we consider over counter mount?  Knowing our limitations will greatly help finding the right sink.  Thanks very much.

If you replace with under mount sink you will need to use exact same sink.  If you change sink style, you may need to remove tips and have sink edge re-cut and polished.

If you switch to drop in sink, you can use any as long as they fill existing hole and have enough ledge to support the sink.

Pretty straight forward.

Hope this helps you out.

Thanks for using all experts.

Craig Berberich

Kitchen Design/Remodeling

Craig Alan Berberich

I can answer a variety of questions in reference to proper kitchen & bath design. This can include product options, safety concerns, guidelines, installation and lighting.

I have been in the Kitchen & Bath industry for 21 years. I have experience ranging from design to installation and fabrication. I spent several years as a corporate trainer working with the National Kitchen & Bath Association to train national big box chain. I have had multiple projects featured in national publications, the last of which was Coastal Living Magazine Idea house in Florida.

Coastal Living Magazine, Better Homes & Garden, Kraftmaid Cabinetry Brochure, Dupont Corian National Advertising, Pergo Flooring National Advertising, The Home Depot National Kitchen & Bath Insert

Kansas State University, National Kitchen & Bath Association, 20/20 Design Software, Zig Ziglar Selling Skills, Tony Lowe Sales