Kitchen Design/Remodeling/Marble Bathroom Counter Top

Good afternoon, I just realized the bottom of my hand soap dispenser leaked out hand soap while I was on vacation. So I came back and sitting under it, on my MARBLE bathroom counter top is stuff that now seems caked in- round circles mirroring the bottom of the soap dispenser. Any idea how to get it out of the marble? I cant seem to get the rings out. Stuff seems caked in. HELP!! Thanks so much - Michael Bloom, NY, NY

Hi Michael,
I suggest for now you flush the area with hot water. Run your hot water faucet, then soak a sponge in the hot water. Drip a bit on the stained area, then cover with sponge. Do this about every half hour, wiping and rinsing in between applications. It should begin to flush out the soap from the marble.
I would do this as often as you can for several days. Then allow to dry overnight to see how effective this may have been.
If you are not able to get it all out, then I would suggest using a Poultice to draw out the residual soap out of the marble.
See link:
I hope this helps.

Kitchen Design/Remodeling

Torin Dixon

All questions regarding fabrication and installation of natural stone tile and slab countertops, flooring, backsplash. All questions related to cleaning, sealing and stain removal of natural stone surfaces. All questions on importing process and selection of natural stone slabs and pricing issues. Granite, Marble, Limestone, Slate, Travertine, Onyx, Tile, Quartz countertops, Silestone, Eco Cannot answer questions on cabinet construction

Expert in traditional hand methods of natural stone fabrication. Expert in modern manufacturing techniques using latest machinery and equipment. Consultant of shop layout, design, and workflow analysis. Consultant of job costing, pricing structures, bidding processes of natural stone fabrication manufacturing. Expert in specifying stone maintenance cleaners and sealers Expert in stone restoration, stain removal and damage repair.

Former Vice Chairman of the Missoula Design Review Board advisory committee to the City of Missoula, Montana City Council National Association of Home Builders member Missoula Building Industry Association member Billings Home Builders Association member Bitterroot Building Association member Marble Institute of America member President-Tyler Boshae Foundation President-Club Twitch

Slippery Rock Gazette -Dimensional Stone Trade Magazine

Journeyman Marble Mason, Bricklayers & Allied Craftsmen, Los Angeles, CA 1978

Numerous Parade of Homes winner as fabricator and installation contractor of granite and stone countertops and backsplash

Thousands of residential and commercial clients from simple bathroom countertops in private homes to granite exterior cladding on high-rise buildings over a 34 year career.