Kitchen Design/Remodeling/Marble Bathroom Counter Top

Question
Good afternoon, I just realized the bottom of my hand soap dispenser leaked out hand soap while I was on vacation. So I came back and sitting under it, on my MARBLE bathroom counter top is stuff that now seems caked in- round circles mirroring the bottom of the soap dispenser. Any idea how to get it out of the marble? I cant seem to get the rings out. Stuff seems caked in. HELP!! Thanks so much - Michael Bloom, NY, NY

Answer
Hi Michael,
I suggest for now you flush the area with hot water. Run your hot water faucet, then soak a sponge in the hot water. Drip a bit on the stained area, then cover with sponge. Do this about every half hour, wiping and rinsing in between applications. It should begin to flush out the soap from the marble.
I would do this as often as you can for several days. Then allow to dry overnight to see how effective this may have been.
If you are not able to get it all out, then I would suggest using a Poultice to draw out the residual soap out of the marble.
See link: http://stonecareonline.org/shop/item.aspx/granite-marble-stain-removing-poultice
I hope this helps.
Torin

Kitchen Design/Remodeling

Torin Dixon