Kitchen Design/Remodeling/Grout on face of glass tile

I installed a mosaic tile backsplash and the polyblend grout dried quicker than expected on the face of the tiles. Is there a safe way to soften the grout without damaging the tiles or the mastic underneath?  I've spent hours trying to remove it without much success.  I really don't want to remove the tile and start over, but that my be the shorter path.

You will have to use an acid cleaner. You can start by getting Sulfamic Acid powder from a hardware store or box store. Mix it  as strong as package instructs. Then rinse well. If this mild acid is not strong enough, you may need to use a stronger acid. Please refer to the stain removal chart on our website at Look at the tabs under main picture.

Best of luck.

Kitchen Design/Remodeling

Torin Dixon

All questions regarding fabrication and installation of natural stone tile and slab countertops, flooring, backsplash. All questions related to cleaning, sealing and stain removal of natural stone surfaces. All questions on importing process and selection of natural stone slabs and pricing issues. Granite, Marble, Limestone, Slate, Travertine, Onyx, Tile, Quartz countertops, Silestone, Eco Cannot answer questions on cabinet construction

Expert in traditional hand methods of natural stone fabrication. Expert in modern manufacturing techniques using latest machinery and equipment. Consultant of shop layout, design, and workflow analysis. Consultant of job costing, pricing structures, bidding processes of natural stone fabrication manufacturing. Expert in specifying stone maintenance cleaners and sealers Expert in stone restoration, stain removal and damage repair.

Former Vice Chairman of the Missoula Design Review Board advisory committee to the City of Missoula, Montana City Council National Association of Home Builders member Missoula Building Industry Association member Billings Home Builders Association member Bitterroot Building Association member Marble Institute of America member President-Tyler Boshae Foundation President-Club Twitch

Slippery Rock Gazette -Dimensional Stone Trade Magazine

Journeyman Marble Mason, Bricklayers & Allied Craftsmen, Los Angeles, CA 1978

Numerous Parade of Homes winner as fabricator and installation contractor of granite and stone countertops and backsplash

Thousands of residential and commercial clients from simple bathroom countertops in private homes to granite exterior cladding on high-rise buildings over a 34 year career.