Kitchen Design/Remodeling/peninsula off island

Question
I am creating a peninsula off a cabinet island (66x24.5) with the peninsula jetting out 36" from the back of the cabinet and the width representing 1/2 the island or 33".  I am using silestone and know they will be using the .75" thinkness with the plywood support underneath (laminated bullnose edge).  I know I need additional support for the peninsula counter and plan on putting in a pedestal support.  I am trying to figure out the necessary diameter of the pedestal needed.  Any guidance is MUCH appreciated.  Thank you.

Answer
Hi Robyn,
If I understand you correctly, you are adding a piece to an existing countertop with no supporting cabinet underneath?
If so, you need a support that is sufficient in size, and also not easily kicked out from where it attaches to the floor. I would suggest something at least 3"x3" or larger. The weight is not really as much of an issue, rather how it connects to existing counter, along with the design of the support post you are proposing.
Any more details will help with this analysis.
Torin

Kitchen Design/Remodeling

Torin Dixon