Kitchen Design/Remodeling/Installing granite slab to brick

Question
roughed in brick
roughed in brick  
I am "attempting" to complete an outdoor grilling area and have a question about attaching the granite slab to brick. My question is can I simply glue the granite to the brick. The brick is still rough finished but it is level across, the bricks are definitely not smooth or finished. Would it be easier/better to go with plywood top? If so, how do I attach the wood to brick. If not, what is the best way to attach the granite to the brick? I have attached a photo of the brick island. Thanks!

Answer
Elliott,
You can certainly attach directly to the brick. I would use a premium thinset mortar. Look for a thinset mortar with an ANSI 118.14 rating.
Make sure there is complete coverage on the brick to insure proper support.

Best regards,

Torin

Kitchen Design/Remodeling

Torin Dixon