Knitting/Pattern

JMUartista wrote at 2012-01-04 08:27:38
I am working on this exact same pattern, this book seamed great, for someone who loves knitting but I am still learning. This answer is great, but it doesn't address, my question of where the parentheses come in Rnds 9 through 19.

Take 9-10 for example. It says: K4, P5, (K5,P5) around to the last st, K1.

I understand the last stitch thing, its the (K5, P5). Do all those stitches come out of one? i.e. K4, P5 then (K5,P5) in one stitch ...ultimately coming to a total of 10 still in the end. But then thats basically increasing. Do you increase in this pattern?

I get the 10 stitches thing, and the total of a 100 if you are not increasing at all in this pattern. But take Rnds 11-2. According to your instructions it says "#k5 + p3 + k2= 10 stitches#" But you only add those extra 2 stitches at the end so you use 8 stitches all the way around until you are supposed to have 2 left at the end to knit. That total only comes to 98. Im just really confused.

I know it says no questions but this a  follow up of the same question as above.

Mattie2510107 wrote at 2014-01-13 14:02:05
I think I FINALLY get it!  take rounds 9-10.  you would K4 stitches, P5 stitches then do what is in the (), you will have one stitch left which you  knit.  This turns the whole round into K5, P5.  It's the same with rounds 11 and 12 and so on...

Knitting

Liver Chick